UK National Planning Policy Framework
The National Planning Policy Framework is a key part of government reforms to make the planning system less complex and more accessible, to protect the environment and to promote sustainable growth and improve wellbeing.
Specific to the active living agenda, the framework:
- supports active transport;
- considers betters places for people through good design;
- encourages active and social places;
- promotes shared use of community facilities for social and recreational purposes; and
- ensures access to high quality open spaces and opportunities for sport and recreation.
A key aspect of the reforms is the development of Local Plans by local authorities. The framework outlines the roles of local authorities to work with key sectors including Health, Business, Housing and the Environment.
Year published: 2012
Click on a link below to see other content with that tag.